Dovii tank mates

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Is there such a thing? ;)

That's like asking what can I keep with a chainsaw?
I keep 2 cycle oil, bar oil, gas, small box of tools/spare parts, & wood with my chainsaw.

So treat the fish the same way. Find stuff that is equally as mean and big.

I went through about 2 or 3 hundred dollars in fish stock before I found a tank mate that my JD wouldn't kill.
Trial & error with deep pockets is sometimes the only way to find out.
SO GLAD I don't keep cichla anymore.

Rich

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Dovii don't play well with others. Best tankmates for dovii is a female or nothing

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Hello all. I was just wondering what kind of fish I can keep with a Dovii (wolf) cichlid? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Jeff.
You can keep an oscar (brekfast) a vieja (lunch) and a group of silver dollars (dinner) Lol but really I think they are best alone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Haha. Tbh you could get away with big hardy fish when the dovii is young. But when they get a bit of size on them they are a kill or be killed fish. Dont think iv ever seen one over 12" with tankmates unless the tank is several thousand gallons and its in there with 3'+ fish, ie catfish.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hayzee66

Feeder Fish
Aug 3, 2018
Hello all. I was just wondering what kind of fish I can keep with a Dovii (wolf) cichlid? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you, Jeff.
From what I've learned about dovii , they are best kept alone or as a pair , depending on how big they Are

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store