UC Davis and Humboldt State, college choices

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Anybody done the wildlife conservation program at Davis, or the fishery biology program freshwater at Humboldt State? I'm currently finishing up some prereqs at the community college and getting ready to decide on a school to transfer to and would like to get some insights please.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
My former professor at CSU when I was getting my B.S. in Fishery Biology went to UCD and was a physiologist. Other than that I don't know much about either program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
Not sure which one has the better program, but UC davis is a great school. I would go there, but made my mind to go to Arizona State and they don't have my program. I have family in Eureka and visited Humboldt State. There really isn't anything fun you can do there lol. If you're also thinking about cost of living and tuition UC Davis is going to be more expensive since it is a UC not a CSU like Humboldt. Housing there is pretty expensive. Not Bay Area expensive, but it can get a little pricey. Another plus for UC Davis is it's close to Sacramento and they have really cool fish store there haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store