need help! white spots on my mokelembembe

andre07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2014
Florida
IMG_1222.JPGIMG_1228.JPG
He has some white spots that i suspect as Ich. I've been treating for almost 4 days with Kordon Ich Attack, some white spots on the eyes were gone but the ones on the gill plates and body were still there. Eventhough Kordon says no water change I still vacuum and change water about 20% everyday. Yesterday I added a dose of melafix. Today as I was changing water I saw some small flat white(it looks like a human louse?) it was trying to hide between the scales) so I added a paraguard.

What do you guys think he is having?

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Nice Moke!! Do a LARGE water change and use PRAZIPRO. You can get a small bottle on amazon for like $12. Very safe to use and very effective against parasites. Best of luck.

andre07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2014
Florida
With the Prazipro do I use a full dosage? I still have the discontinued Jungle Labs Paraguard which I used the other day. Is it just parasites? What about the white spots looking ich?

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
With the Prazipro do I use a full dosage? I still have the discontinued Jungle Labs Paraguard which I used the other day. Is it just parasites? What about the white spots looking ich?
follow instructions on the prazipro bottle. ich is a parasite but i don't think that's ich. i'm more concerned with the worm like thing you saw on your bichir. prazipro is as "safe" as you can get and effective with many types of parasites. i along with many use prazipro as a preventative or when we get new bichirs. it's a very effective product. i can not give an opinion on paraguard as i have never used it. use prazipro...... it works.

andre07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2014
Florida
White spots are gone on the moke! So I return him to the bichir community. When I thought everything is ok, other bichirs on the community are flashing/scratching their body. Gill flukes probably? Couldn't see anything wrong with them. They are eating alright.

andre07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2014
Florida
White spots are gone on the moke! So I return him to the bichir community. When I thought everything is ok, other bichirs on the community are flashing/scratching their body. Gill flukes probably? Couldn't see anything wrong with them. They are eating alright.
I have 10 baby bichirs and a datnoid on the 55 gallon community. 4 bichirs and the datnoid are scratching, but the moke isn't. Just treat them all at that tank?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Probably bichir worms. Treat tanks with prazi

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
uploadfromtaptalk1412898126800.jpg

My ornate had them year or so ago. Looked like this before treating

andre07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2014
Florida
View attachment 1041547

My ornate had them year or so ago. Looked like this before treating

He looks all grown up! Cool looking ornate.
One of the bichir that scratching is also an ornate, but so far no sores or anything on them, other than they are kinda rolling when they scratch.
Do I have to wait for 6 days to do the second treatment? Because when the ornate was flashing last 2 weeks ago, I removed him from the community and into qt for a week. I treated him with Jungle Lab's Parasite guard for a week, then he goes back to main tank It seems he stopped flashing until now.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
My bichir had a BAD infestation. I would treat all tanks and assume they all have some sort of parasite. Water parameters are OK?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store