Interesting observation

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have a group of 11 Angelica loaches I have had them for about a year. One I bought blind (no eyes). He is probably the most interesting of the group. A couple days ago I was shuffling fish and had the group in a cooler. The whole group was very stressed and washed out except for the blind one. His markings where as bold as could be. They where in the cooler for at least three hours and no change. I would not have thought that being washed out during a time of stress would be sight related but I guess it may play a role.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

daleteekz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I would agree sight plays a role.

I bought some large clown loaches last year. The guy double bagged them, putting newspaper between the two bags. They travel better and are less stressed if they can't see outside the bag, was the reasoning he provided.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I would agree sight plays a role.

I bought some large clown loaches last year. The guy double bagged them, putting newspaper between the two bags. They travel better and are less stressed if they can't see outside the bag, was the reasoning he provided.

I wasn't saying sight plays a role in being stressed. We all know that. I thought the interesting part was the lack of color change

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store