what to feed Endlers?

suds1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Midwest
I picked up some black bar endlers, decent sized juvies, the largest I would say are getting to breeding size.

I'm having trouble feeding them. They don't seem to like the flake foods I have, I tried some granules and they spit those out like they do the flake. They take it in their mouth and spit it out. I did try some freeze dried bloodworms and the females seemed to like that, but I know that's not a staple food.

So what do you feed your Endlers as a staple?

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Our Endlers were never to fussy but try some fry powder. Any brand should work we used I believe it was J and J Aquatics fry powder. It was a good price and we raised a lot of fry and smaller fish using it.

Monster_Minis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wisconsin
Prime reef flakes crushed to powder.. I feed that combined with nls thera a to my guppy/endler tank and they do really well on it.

suds1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Midwest
Yeah the endlers I've had in the past were voracious eaters. These guys won't eat anything. I have Hikari first bites that I just tried and they take that in their mouths and spit it out too...

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I have a small package of guppy food, micro pellets... not sure of the maker....search guppy food

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

suds1421

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2010
Midwest
They spit out my NLS grow, other micro pellets, all flake except I picked up some spiralina flake which they seem to like.

Watching them closely, I have a good crop of algae in this tank and they nibble on it all day, probably why mine aren't hungry...

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
Try mosquito larvae. Endlers are not that picky, I give mine flake food mostly.
But picky fish will often eat mosquito larvae when everything else fails.
Here is a video of Black Bar Endlers that you will enjoy. Good Luck.
The Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store