duck lips

d3ssen27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mauritius
how to cure duck lips?
i got 2 bonsai flowerhorns infected with duck lips and they have stopped eating since 3 days or so
i only have API medication (melafix, furan-2)

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thats a tough one. Once they stop eating its hard to fight it. I have dealt successfully with a few times now but my method is pretty extreme. I end up doing a force feed method of a food and medicine mix.

Riftraft

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2012
Upstate NY
What you're gonna want to do is turn your heater off or turn it down. You want your temp to be no more than 74 degrees. Decreasing the temp will help allow the meds to work. Heat will spread the bacterial infection. After that, I would recommend using API General cure. Probably the most obtainable. You want the metronidazole that's in general cure. That's what's gonna help him. I would also recommend dosing some pimafix. If you follow those steps and it's not too late you may be able to save them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

d3ssen27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mauritius
What you're gonna want to do is turn your heater off or turn it down. You want your temp to be no more than 74 degrees. Decreasing the temp will help allow the meds to work. Heat will spread the bacterial infection. After that, I would recommend using API General cure. Probably the most obtainable. You want the metronidazole that's in general cure. That's what's gonna help him. I would also recommend dosing some pimafix. If you follow those steps and it's not too late you may be able to save them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
ok will try that

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
When one encounters one of the more virulent strains of Flavobacterium columnare, there really isn't a whole lot that you can do. Sorry that you lost your fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store