TT eel jumped out

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Tire track eel jumped out after a couple of odd factors the lid was left open and when I went to feed I didn't see him. I noticed 5 minutes later when I searched for him didn't want to grab with my hands so I made the mistake of using a dry cotton hand cloth. When I got him back in he was breathing very fast and moving slow but there was a lot of cotton stuck all over his skin I got most of it off with my hand without touching him except for some that was on his face. He is better now eating like a beast again moving just as fast as before but he has white blatches all over his face and mouth. I don't know what I can do to help him he seems normal and is eating well but I want to know if there's something I can add tothe water or what. Any help is appreciated thank you. And he is the top predator in the tank. We had a family emergency so I wasn't able to feed them how I usually do and when I finally did it was too late.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

903Herp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2014
North east texas
Hi I am new to eels but why would you not want to touch him with your hands? I just want to make sure so if my eel ever gets out I do not touch him.

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Because I hadn't washed my hands he caught me by surprise and I didn't want to get him infected but I don't like putting my hands on the fish and it healed perfectly with time. Still a beast in a bigger tank now though.

L98Z28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2013
PA
In my opinion he'll be fine. If he's eating that a huge plus. They are notorious for finding ways out of the tank or in filters. If he's trying to get out you might need to add a few more hiding spots. I found with mine that stopped him from trying to hind in my HOB filter all the time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store