2x teugelsi
1x weeksii
1x palmas palmas
1x palmas buettikoferi

1x fire eel 10"
1x marbled tire track 8"
3x liver catfish 10", 2 are 6"
2x silver arowana 7"

I have the chance to get a tiger knifefish not sure of species and/or a papyrocranus afer arowana knifefish around the size of my bichirs
should i do it?
any advice would be appreciated as I have never dealt with either of these species.
Thanks

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
What size tank you got man?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
there currently spaced out between 2 75 and one 90 but soon my custom 10' x 4' x 2' will be complete almost 600 gallons

Vapor315

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2010
Syracuse, NY
First off you would have to decide between the knifes because the afer will more then likely kill the other one since they don't play too nice with other knifefish. But as far as the polypterus are concerned I wouldn't be worried a lot of people keep various knifes with polypterus including afers. I would be worried about the arowana because they look similar in shape to some knifefish. But that would be a question for the knifefish and or arowana forum.

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
First off you would have to decide between the knifes because the afer will more then likely kill the other one since they don't play too nice with other knifefish. But as far as the polypterus are concerned I wouldn't be worried a lot of people keep various knifes with polypterus including afers. I would be worried about the arowana because they look similar in shape to some knifefish. But that would be a question for the knifefish and or arowana forum.
right on thanks for the input i'll ask in the knifefish section

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Aro will pick up polys and take for rides. I really don't think they can hurt them.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

in_the_seance

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2012
montana
Aro will pick up polys and take for rides. I really don't think they can hurt them.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
never had that problem before had a silver grow from 3" to 28" and he lived with 2 delhezi and 3 endlicheri

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store