Where can I buy this

Fiitchy717

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2014
Wv
Ive seen and have purchased shelves like that at lowes. However theyre only about 5ft wide... That was probably 10-11 years ago tho. I imagine they would still carry them though

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Ive seen and have purchased shelves like that at lowes. However theyre only about 5ft wide... That was probably 10-11 years ago tho. I imagine they would still carry them though
Thanks for the input. These are much more substantial then the ones lowes or Home Depot carries. Plus they can easily hold 6ft tanks. Unfortunately no one at the store knows where they are from

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not sure where one would buy them from but every now and then around here I see a store closing down and they sell those and other store fixtures pretty cheàply...but thats matter of timing I guess.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
the ones at lowes wont cut it if you want to set it up like that.. i forget what they are called but you
have to go to a more commercial place like granger or Uline, they are super expensive to buy,, you can build one
yourself for much cheaper... heres a link to one of them
http://www.uline.com/BL_3943/Bulk-Storage-Racks

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
thats industrial steel racking my man, it isnt cheap if you do find it for sale. as mentioned above grangers or any type of commercial product wholesaler would have it, but again...its pricey.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
the ones at lowes wont cut it if you want to set it up like that.. i forget what they are called but you
have to go to a more commercial place like granger or Uline, they are super expensive to buy,, you can build one
yourself for much cheaper... heres a link to one of them
http://www.uline.com/BL_3943/Bulk-Storage-Racks

thats industrial steel racking my man, it isnt cheap if you do find it for sale. as mentioned above grangers or any type of commercial product wholesaler would have it, but again...its pricey.
Thanks that is the info I am looking for. Do any of them do custom? Are the shelf ratings typically pretty accurate?

I am trying to figure out my options. I am in the process of buying a house. Half the basement will be a fish room. I plan on doing mostly large tanks. I want to price this out vs having a steel rack system build vs wood. I really don't want to do wood though. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
You can also check out globalindustrial.com and look at the extra high capacity bulk racks. I bought the 6 foot for some tanks and they are very sturdy and easily adjustable. Shipping costs added about 1/3 the price to my location unfortunately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store