Why are people so butthurt over feeding live foods to pets?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Every video of some guy feeding, let's say his pike or cornsnake some goldfish, pinkie mice etc. the video has 2 likes and 9999999 dislikes. And all the comments are people going "OMG UR A BUTTHOLE!!11111" Why do you think people act this way when it comes to feeding live food to their pets in general? It also baffles me how some people say "IT SHOOD EET FEESH FOOD NOT GOLDFEESH UR SO MEEN!!11111" like dried foods aren't made of animal products.

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
Every video of some guy feeding, let's say his pike or cornsnake some goldfish, pinkie mice etc. the video has 2 likes and 9999999 dislikes. And all the comments are people going "OMG UR A BUTTHOLE!!11111" Why do you think people act this way when it comes to feeding live food to their pets in general? It also baffles me how some people say "IT SHOOD EET FEESH FOOD NOT GOLDFEESH UR SO MEEN!!11111" like dried foods aren't made of animal products.
Lol I totally get what you are saying. I'm.not gonna lie those vids are pretty cool to see. To each its own I guess, these Peta ,infested minds, will act and be like Peta. Regardless of how inhumane they are and can be... Food is food, I'm an omnivore , it part of life...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Hahaha I freakin HATE those people! I don't personally know anyone like that but when I meet someone like that I ask what they had for dinner the night before then I just go "wtf?! You're sooo mean! Why don't you just eat a salad or not eat at all? You know when you eat salad you're stealing food from other animals and killing even more cuz of all the rat and gopher poisons that are scattered all over these farmlands that grow them."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
My question is why are people posting videos of one animal killing another one? I don't know what benefit it serves to see a snake eat a rat, a catfish swallow a pigeon, or an oscar swallow a goldfish.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy seeing wild life documentaries about the soon to be extinct polar bears or the soon to be extinct tigers or the soon to be extinct cheetahs. But those videos serve a purpose: to encourage people to understand, respect, love and ultimately to protect nature. I get exactly none of that by seeing a RTC chase a helpless fish and swallow it.

Maybe a lot of the negative posters are turned off by the apparent exhibitionism.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Most of the fish videos of live feedings seem to be the owner of said fish showing off how aggressive/dangerous there fish is. I dont get that? Are we to think you are a badass for owning a fish that can kill another smaller fish? I have no problem with nature, but to me, when someone makes a public spectacle of the feeding its alot like showing off

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I find it quite interesting to watch an animal feed on live food, bascially a live-presentation of nature's work in your aquarium. I agree that it is quite cruel as in nature the prey can at least try to run away but life is life, we eat animals too.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
I'ts called the food chain for a reason.

All living things are in it. Some just higher then others.

Rich

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
We're in a different time period. Most people are not vegan, yet can't fathom the idea of slaughtering an animal, they eat on a daily basis. Someone else does the dirty work and they just go pick it out of the supermarket meat section, and somehow their hands are clean and conscience are cleared. I deal with this mentality and hypocrisy all the time because I hunt. I don't hunt for trophy sake and there's not a single mounted animals' head on my wall, but yet I'm sure many people sees me as a "monster". On that note, I don't care for some videos where there's slow death involve. Like the frog/goldfish slowly getting ripped apart piece by piece by piranhas, as the videomaker chuckles while the half consumed creature is still trying to swim away.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
We're in a different time period. Most people are not vegan, yet can't fathom the idea of slaughtering an animal, they eat on a daily basis. Someone else does the dirty work and they just go pick it out of the supermarket meat section, and somehow their hands are clean and conscience are cleared. I deal with this mentality and hypocrisy all the time because I hunt. I don't hunt for trophy sake and there's not a single mounted animals' head on my wall, but yet I'm sure many people sees me as a "monster". On that note, I don't care for some videos where there's slow death involve. Like the frog/goldfish slowly getting ripped apart piece by piece by piranhas, as the videomaker chuckles while the half consumed creature is still trying to swim away.
These are the vids I love! :popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store