FIlter Question

drewb629

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Buffalo,Ny
I have a question about my Rena Filstar XP4 filter. Works great but im just wondering if its enough filtration for my 55 gallon. Ive got a 8 1/2 inch florida gar and a 5 inch datnoid. I will upgrade soon but just wondering for now
Thanks!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Yeah, you're good to go, but multiple filters on a single tank is always a safer bet. This allows you to completely tear down one filter for routine maintenance while the second keeps the tank running without interruption, or should one fails to work at all, you'd already have a backup running.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Yeah, you're good to go, but multiple filters on a single tank is always a safer bet. This allows you to completely tear down one filter for routine maintenance while the second keeps the tank running without interruption, or should one fails to work at all, you'd already have a backup running.
I agree, with stock like that, more filtration is better. Especially because, cannisters require regular maintenance, you would want to be able to alternate maintenance between at least two filters. I run a sump, cannister, and sponge filters on my two tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store