red claw crab in the front yard

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I have a 10 gallon planted tank on my kitchen counter. I have a red claw crab that spends 90% of its time in the hang on the back filter. but today I come home and notice (somehow) a little crab in the front yard grass! and I know its my crab cause a month ago when it shed its skin/shell it shed its right claw along with it. how the heck did it climb down the counter, across my living room, out the front door and into the lawn. :( I did water changes yesterday and cleaned out the filters and saw him in the filter yesterday.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Could it have been somehow siphoned out in the hose? Maybe at the very end of the WC so you didn't notice?

I had a crayfish escape once. I found him dried up a week later under the bed in the guest bedroom which is down a flight of stairs on the other side of the house from the tank he escaped!

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
I did not know my gray tree frog was missing until he hopped under the door as i was taking a dump.

Also when i wokeup to the sound of a thrashing 18" escaped bichir on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
"you know its your crab". well if you owned one and it was missing and you see this one....chances are that's your guy. especially seeing as they are not native there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store