Stock Sugesstion please

CichlidL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Home
Hello Everyone
I own a 36''x 15''(width) x 18''(height) tank , i would like to own a nice aggressive fish , which grows atleast 12'' or a bit more as the width of my tank is only 15'' , thats what i am looking for and want to have , thought i realise that my tank is not that big , in the past i did own few nice sized tanks but not anymore , its been quite sometime therefore now i have once again taken a fresh start and this time its with a relatively small tank.. all types of suggestions/advice are welcome. Thanks in advance

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Tank is too small for a 12 inch fish IMO. Sure you could probably manage the water quality with a lot of effort, but 3x body length swimming space? Really?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
It's not just the width you have to take into account when housing a fish. I have the same tank 36 x 15 and when my 135 gal exploded I housed a 15" bichir and 12" silver aro and they hated it. Big hit had hard time moving

CichlidL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Home
Tank is too small for a 12 inch fish IMO. Sure you could probably manage the water quality with a lot of effort, but 3x body length swimming space? Really?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
It's not just the width you have to take into account when housing a fish. I have the same tank 36 x 15 and when my 135 gal exploded I housed a 15" bichir and 12" silver aro and they hated it. Big hit had hard time moving
I agree , its quite a small tank , and what i am wanting to have is almost impossible with a tank that sized... that is why i mentioned suggestions/advice of all kinds are welcome , kindly suggest me stocks which you people think would be most appropiate for the tank with the said dimensions.. Thanks for the reply

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
A full grown pair of Convicts or similar sized cichlids would be good in that size tank. I wouldn't go any bigger than a 6"ish fish though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store