Opportunity to get into marine.

Anden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2014
Ohio
Not that there aren't 190096557 posts about this but I'm working and no time to search.

55gal fish with live rock. Already up and running and I am thinking about purchasing.

I don't have are an RO system is it a must have, or can I get away with water conditioner untill I get one. I already plan on a 50 gal trash can of premixed water for water changes.

I will be talking to the owner shortly anything I need to ask about specifically.

Thanks in advance. I'm sure I will post up more questions after I talk to owner.

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
As far as needing a RO system goes, have you tested your tap water? I ran my 75 gallon reef for a few months just using tap water. I bought a RO filter as soon as I was able because my tap water is high in phosphates and nitrates. My tap water level is over 40ppm nitrates. IMO the biggest issue you'll run into not using RO will be algae problems and cyano outbreaks. You can keep these in check with a good cleaning regimen, but not having the problem in the first place is always best. You could also buy distilled water and use that for water changes/top off until you can get an RO filter.
Kinda feel like I'm rambling, but hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store