stand for weird tank

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
hey guys!

so i found a nice deal today for a rimless tank with the following dimensions 18"HX16X16. Now according to the MFK calculator im looking at a 20gish tank. I currently have a stand that i keep my 10g but it's not the one that came with it it's just some stand i found a ta shop going under that sold it to me for $5. The top of the stand is 22"LX11" wide. So if I were to put the tank on this stand id have 2.5" sticking out evenly on 2 sides. I could get a plank of wood cut to use as a support to cover the extra inches, but my concern is that is this stand capable of handling the weight to begin with? The girl said it was good for 10-20g when i bought it but i i have no idea how its going to work with this weirdo tank.

Any thoughts? Worst case ill go get a new stand but I'm trying to see if there's a faster solution cuz I'm excited and want it ready now lol

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I wana correct myself n say its a 18" cube not 18"/16"/16". So its like a 25-30g

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
If you're going to build a wooden overhang anyway I would just do a quick DIY stand. If you go with the stand you currently have, for stability you should build out the bottom as well as the top so the base is at least the same dimensions as the tank's footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
If you're going to build a wooden overhang anyway I would just do a quick DIY stand. If you go with the stand you currently have, for stability you should build out the bottom as well as the top so the base is at least the same dimensions as the tank's footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks!

But in the end the guy threw in the base for free cuz wife wanted everything out lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1412696520772.jpg

Pic isn't clear but that's my new baby :).

Is it 25 or 40g? The guy argued with me saying it's a 40, but every calculation states that 18" ^3 is 25g US :s?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store