Thinking of adding a Dat into my comm tank

devilarow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2014
Singapore
I'm thinking of getting a single datnioide to add to my comm tank. However i have no experience or wad so ever in keeping a datnioide.
Did some research but still hope some of the more experience member can give me some tips and also answer some of the questions i have.

Here are some of my questions.
1. Read that they are like PB where they just eat/swallow their food whole, but are they like PB where they will just eat and eat until their belly is going to explode?

2. I currently have a vatf & gatf ard 7 inch, burmese trout ard 3-4 inch and african aro ard 8 inch, and some other smaller but non-aggro fish. Advisable or not to add one or will my current fishes stress him out? (Im on a 6 feet tank, 160g with some plantation)

3. Some tigers are harder to get them to be stable, is it true that Ntt and NGT are harder to get them to stable as compared to IT?

4. Will they eat anything that can fit into their mouth like catfish? I have a Six-banded Distichodus ard 2-3 inch.

5.Lastly should I get one? If yes which one should I start off with?

Help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Sorry not much to show atm. But if your limited to 150g then your vatf and gatf will outgrow them soon. A 150 would work for a dat and some smaller fish and a few small cats, ie anything up to about 14" but the tigers will need a much bigger space.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store