Question about stingray legality?

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hey guys, first time on the stingray section. Now I've never kept stingrays before because they are illegal here in California. But my LFS is holding a paratrygon motoro for a guy. I met the guy and asked him how he got it and he said he purchased it in Oregon and brought it with him when he moved down here. So does it mean if a stingray if purchased at a state where it's legal for owning/selling, you can bring it here?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Hey guys, first time on the stingray section. Now I've never kept stingrays before because they are illegal here in California. But my LFS is holding a paratrygon motoro for a guy. I met the guy and asked him how he got it and he said he purchased it in Oregon and brought it with him when he moved down here. So does it mean if a stingray if purchased at a state where it's legal for owning/selling, you can bring it here?
No you aren't allowed to do that I'm pretty sure , but I mean the law can't stop everything. If it can't stop people doing illegal drugs what makes you think they can stop people from owning illegal fish. Maybe he has an education grant or something I'm not sure...or maybe he is just staying for a limited time I don't know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store