Datnoid help

drewb629

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2014
Buffalo,Ny
My tiger dat seems to be pretty afraid of me or the light. Whenever I come in my basement he is out and active but when I turn on the lights he hides in this dark ledge in my drift wood. If had him for a good week. He eats a lot and he is 5 inches. All my other fish are out and about expect for him.
Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
My tiger dat seems to be pretty afraid of me or the light. Whenever I come in my basement he is out and active but when I turn on the lights he hides in this dark ledge in my drift wood. If had him for a good week. He eats a lot and he is 5 inches. All my other fish are out and about expect for him.
Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's how dats are when they are small. Just have to deal with it. They don't like bright light and get spooked by sudden movements. This is what has pushed me to the brink of getting rid of all my dats. But after time and adding fish all are more active now. If your patient things will work out. That's what I've learned from my expirence not that I have lots of it but that's what I have learned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I can't say for sure with Dats, but when my beloved silver tooth fishes would experience lights-on jitters, I found that a moon light would help to assuage their issues. I suspect that it was because they no longer went from dark to super bright, they went from lighted to more brightly lighted. It might be worth a try; moon lights are what, $8?

EDIT- Oh, and moved to Datnoids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store