Filstar XL problems

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Has anyone ever had a problem with theirs? Mine leaked from where the cord left the canister and leaked out 5+ gallons through the hardwood floor.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
I had one do that. The gasket/O rings in the quick connect go bad. Most of the gasket kits on the market don't have the big O rings included. You can replace the whole quick connect head. I found one on EBay.
The reason the water leaked out the power cord hole is that the head filled with water inside and that's the easiest way for water to go out.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
It's a brand new filter. I tried contacting That Fish Place through email and that's going terrible. They keep sending me the same non-helpful email. I guess I'll have to call tomorrow. I don't want to have to buy a new top since I just spent 200 on it last week. Shouldn't they replace it or is that unreasonable?

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
If it is new, I would pack the whole thing up and call them to tell them to have the shipper pick it up. If you paid by Paypal or credit card, contact them and request refund. Paypal will often process the refund then go after the seller for payment. If you bought it thru Amazon, send them submit a return request and they will handle it for you.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have used Filstar for a long time. So far no issues

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store