Specific RTCxTSN cross?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
So, I've just recently ordered one along with a clown knife, Festae cichlid and a Ocell PBass.

The supplier is claiming this is a specific cross of a RTC and a Tigrinus catfish.

Anyone seen the product of this specific cross?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'd wager that it's a routine rtc x tsn cross and the supplier doesn't know what they're talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
Yep ,I agree completely. That's a non existent hybrid to the best of my knowledge. The Tigrinus/RTC cross that is. I wouldn't put it past the gene manipulation crew for long though! Just like people that breed the new "designer dogs". If someone thinks that it will be a moneymaker,it's gonna be attempted anyway. I think the Bulldog/****zu would be a good combo. Best traits of both dogs. They are gonna call it the "Bullsh#t". Lol!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't want to derail the thread so sorry but Zeke did you get my PMs?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I'd wager that it's a routine rtc x tsn cross and the supplier doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yep ,I agree completely. That's a non existent hybrid to the best of my knowledge. The Tigrinus/RTC cross that is. I wouldn't put it past the gene manipulation crew for long though! Just like people that breed the new "designer dogs". If someone thinks that it will be a moneymaker,it's gonna be attempted anyway. I think the Bulldog/****zu would be a good combo. Best traits of both dogs. They are gonna call it the "Bullsh#t". Lol!!
Fair play. That's what I thought but the pics I was shown from the supplier did yield a very different looking hybrid. its coming on Wednesday so I'm hoping this is something different! What are the possibilities of this being a tig cross? How would you predict the size of this fish along with temperament? All opinions welcome!!

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Are u sure the supplier didn't say "Tigrinum"xRTC....isntead of tigrinus. Tigrinum is a type of tsn....its assumed most hybrids are probably P. FasciatumxRTC tho...so hes either misinformed or u misunderstood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Are u sure the supplier didn't say "Tigrinum"xRTC....isntead of tigrinus. Tigrinum is a type of tsn....its assumed most hybrids are probably P. FasciatumxRTC tho...so hes either misinformed or u misunderstood.

Definitely said tigrinus x rtc.

Maybe the different look of the hybrid is just variation?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Definitely said tigrinus x rtc.

Maybe the different look of the hybrid is just variation?

Theres 5 tsn species and also inter species hybrids...2-3 are farmed pretty regularly so sure theres variations out there. I still say its a misunderstanding with the word "tigrinum"...on the sellers part. Or as others said before me...just plain bs lol... im anxious to see some pics to confirm either way.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
but the pics I was shown from the supplier did yield a very different looking hybrid.
Didn't realize you had pics. Can you share them or did you not get a copy?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store