Stingray and Fronts?

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
I figured I'd post this here as well, to get input from both sides of the coin. Exploratory question only... not an imminent plan. Thanks:

I've been mulling over setting up one of my tanks for a group of fronts. I am in the process of trying to decide which tank I want to use, and which fish of my sizable CA cichlid collection I'd need to move to accomplish this. While going back and forth over which tank to use, I started looking at a tank I have that houses my stingray and some angels, and found myself wondering if a group of frontosas, with maybe a couple of comps mixed in, would play nice with a male hystrix stingray? I get that there are other things I need to be considering here... me asking the question doesn't mean I am about to go and do this tonight. LOL... just wondering at the moment from a temperament standpoint, if anyone has possibly tried such a thing. Thanks!

-Rich

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
Yeah I kept a group of 6 big frontosa with three rays with out any trouble, in fact I think the frontosa r about the only cichlid iv kept that the rays have not tried to kill, the frontosa never showed any aggression towards to rays either and was pretty good at cleaning up left overs from the messy rays

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I had 5 or 6 large Fronts with 3 rays but the rays were pups and the Fronts never got to breeding so all was good. Not so sure how it would be with larger rays and fronts that were trying to breed?

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
I had 5 or 6 large Fronts with 3 rays but the rays were pups and the Fronts never got to breeding so all was good. Not so sure how it would be with larger rays and fronts that were trying to breed?
My fronts spawned with the rays and was fine, fronts did there business in corner of the tank without rays taken any notice, I stripped the front girl just in case the rays took a fancy tho

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
Yea sorry that was for you rich, any pics of your guy? Think I'm gunna grow my fronts out somemore then head to the lfs lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I think I have a couple of pics from a couple months ago... Not any new ones, though. I'll try to get some new ones, but will post a pic or two form a couple months back after I get home from work this evening.

-Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store