Poop Everywhere

big ounce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2014
Florida
I have a 7 inch Flowerhorn and a 4 inch Red Devil that I'm breeding for faders in my 75 Gallon tank and they're going fine. Hanging out, very attentive etc. My problem is that it seems like there's always poop everywhere. I vacuum and water change once a week. I have an Eheim 2217 and an Emperor 400/ 400GPH, for mechanic filtration purposes. Is there anything I can do to help with the poop? I honestly don't have time to do 2 water changes a week. The spray bar of my Eheim is plugged and creates a half decent current. Do you think a powerhead would help keep particals suspended so the filters can grab them? Or do I really have to do multiple water changes. I have sand btw which makes the poop that much more obvious?

Also, I don't want to cut back too much on feeding because I'm conditioning them to breed. Ammonia and other stats are perfect.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Can you find a tough dither that eats poop? African arowana are great at this and wicked tough when large.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Chuck in some zebra snails, assuming they don't get killed. They'll eat the poo and in turn release it as a stringier broken down turd, which is handled easier by the filters etc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
uaru joey has a video on you tube for system to remove poo without a water change using a filter bag an air stone and a 16 0z bottle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store