Battle Wound Cause For Concern?

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
My new male is a little too forceful when it comes to breeding and I just noticed this white stuff on one of the bite marks that he left on my big girl. What is it? The rays won't let me get a good look at it so I am not sure if it is just roughed up flesh, sand particles stuck to a wound, or something worse. I have been super paranoid since my last losses so I figured I would ask here immediately in case it is something that needs nipped in the bud asap.
I appreciate any and all input, Tom.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Is that the top side towards front of disc. My male started like that and ripped a huge chunk of skin off appx
3" x 1" completely off, was horrible looking. It started just like that. Was told it was because the male was inexperienced and didnt know what he was doing. All the sudden he just quit and she healed up nicely minus a few white spots. Didnt treat with anything but clean water and small amount of salt.

I will dig up some pics and post them in the morning.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
That's normal male rays for ya.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Top of her disc on her left side. The male was dragging her sideways across my tank and she just let it happen. I stopped him but not soon enough. She has at least 6 inches on him so maybe it barely phased her. When he nips at her rear she sure don't like it though. I noticed earlier today that his clasper looked like it had been used so hopefully he'll stop with all the attitude.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store