What fish should I get for a new tank

Mattpersico98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am going to get a tank anywhere from 90 gallons to 150 gallons, and I can't decide what fish to put in the tank. I think I want a fire eel and a gar. Anyone have any suggestions for what fish would go well with these fish. I want predator fish, but I don't have the biggest tank, so what would you guys recommend. Also, where would you guys recommend buying fish online, I am in Toronto, Ontario, so it would be great if there was a deal on shipping.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I have never kept a fire eel,but I think that's going to limit your choices. A friend had one, it pretty much ate every other fish he put in there.
Unless I am remembering the wrong eel? In any event, how about making a list of the fish you'd like, then looking up what their compatibilities are?

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Too small for a gar, wouldn't be able to turn. Fire eel would be great though, they are lazy and just bend anyhow. Fire eel personality is hit or miss. Keep them with fish from a young age and something they are ok, something they eat them. To be get something too big to eat.

A fun tank would be 1 fire eel and 1 oscar, would be a "wet pet" set up. You could get some small fish in there too initially while the others are small but so the tank doesn't look so empty, though they'd get eaten in time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store