HELP male Henlei ray dying

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
2-3 yr old Henlei in a 300 gallon with a female Henlei two datnoids and a pbass.

Ate last night like he normally does I followed the feeding with a water change about 40% after the water change just got in one corner started curling up his tail and swimming and jerky motion. His eyes look like they are being pulled into his head, one eye is white colored. All other fish fine. I did a water change from a water hose. No other changes to routine. Ammonia and nitrite 0 nitrates 40-60 and ph 6.

What should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I just saw this ray last weekend and it was in perfect health. Damn brother in sorry to hear this.

Any members have any idea what might cause this? I would hate to see anything happen to this male.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Ph swing or maybe something went wrong while eating, what did you feed, what is your substrate, plz provide any details about the feeding, and did anything weird happen during water change? Any heaters in the tank itself?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Carpsalmon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Oregon
Heaters all in the sump maybe. 8-12 degree change in water I'm guesstimating. He ate massivore female are the same thing. Substrate is the same stuff jk47 has in his tanks. Nothing unusual during feeding. The only thing I did different was I used the garden hose to fill tank as apprised to a python.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Thats really odd, it might've been the sudden change in temperature. When you normally do water changes, does the temerature fluctuate that much? He's probably in shock

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Any chance the garden hose was old and dirty or something?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store