Tank mates?

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
So Recently I gave away my grown up giant snakehead away. Now thats left in its tank are its two small pals; my 4inch senegal bichirs. I cant help to see the emptiness inside my 3ftx1.5x1.5 tank which was once filled with a majestic creature so I thought that, hey why not get some fish/decorations/substrate (the tank is now pretty much empty lol)?

I currently have a few fishes in mind as tankmates for the bichirs.

Endlicheris
Nile bichirs
Fire eels
Oscars
Peacock bass(kelberi etc)
Golden cobra snakeheads
Rainbow snakeheads
African cichlids

So which one do you think is ideal for my tank setup? If none of them is, provide me suggestions please. I really would love to start afresh in this tank.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
reason no one is writing is because you have a very small tank bud, the snakehead you had must have been very cramped, the fish on your wish list cant go in that tank with the exception of a low number of mbuna... or a pair of rainbow snakeheads.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Gar is out for sure.

I put my Fla spotted in a 55 grow out while I cycled the 160.
He out grew the 48 inch 55 in two months.

Rich

I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd put in a 36 inch tank would be small community fish.
So sure matter of fact, that's what I did.

Rich

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
lol gars, oscars, endlicheris are out.. unless u just wanted to make it as a grow out tank and buy a bigger tank soon enough.. as what reptilerescued said, the best to put is community fish/fishes .. make it a planted tank... you'll get to see both plants and fish grow . a fun way to fill ure tank :)
btw, what type of senegal ure keeping and how many?

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
lol gars, oscars, endlicheris are out.. unless u just wanted to make it as a grow out tank and buy a bigger tank soon enough.. as what reptilerescued said, the best to put is community fish/fishes .. make it a planted tank... you'll get to see both plants and fish grow . a fun way to fill ure tank :)
btw, what type of senegal ure keeping and how many?
may I ask why are endlicheris out?? I seem to see they do not grow very big in captivity... I keep 2 albino senegal bichirs. Its been over a year now and theyve only grown an inch or two making them slightly less than 5inches long lol

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
reason no one is writing is because you have a very small tank bud, the snakehead you had must have been very cramped, the fish on your wish list cant go in that tank with the exception of a low number of mbuna... or a pair of rainbow snakeheads.
Cant deny that my tank is small.... but wouldnt endlicheris fit in aswell? Coz as far as I know they would grow ard the same size as my senegal bichirs..... and when u said pair of snakeheads, do you mean they should take the whole tank to themselves or could they share it with my 5inch senegals?

AbangLongDil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Singapore
Gar is out for sure.

I put my Fla spotted in a 55 grow out while I cycled the 160.
He out grew the 48 inch 55 in two months.

Rich

I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd put in a 36 inch tank would be small community fish.
So sure matter of fact, that's what I did.

Rich
I see.. what kind of community fish do you mean by this? And how many of em?

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
One 30 has 2 congo bush, fish a algae eater, and rainbow shark.
The other 30 has 4 Congo tetras and two algae eaters.

Both tanks are planted up real nice.

I want to add 4 more congo's they became our favorite tetra/community fish and they come with teeth. It's fun to watch them chew a pellet.
Warning they are a very shy fish when we feed then we have to back up about 10 feet befor they will eat.
BUT MAN DOES THEIR COLOR POP.....

Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store