HELP HELP!!! GOONCH IS GOING CRAZY!

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
Hey guys. My friend just got his 14" Indian goonch. When we meet up with the guy. It was complete normal. But after 5 minutes talking out side. The goonch make a big splash in the bag then lay still. Then we rush back to his house. Slowly acclimate the goonch. And things went good, completely normal. After couple of hours in the tank, the goonch suddenly went crazy, banging every where in the tank and breathing extremely hard... Now it's laying still. Breathing a weird way... Pls help me and my buddy what to do about this situation! Every input and info will be very appreciated! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've got no idea why, maybe the tank doesn't have enough oxygen, try placing an air stone next to it. How is it doing now though?

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
Water temp at 80 degrees is too warm for that species, they are a cool water fish preferring 64-74 degrees. They have high oxygen requirements, the warmer the water the less oxygen is available to the fish, I always kept mine at 74 degrees and with a powerhead as they like current as well…

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store