B. rousseauxi

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Hi guys,

Im contemplating on getting the dourada ( not the flav/ moonlight cat and i know it fets really confusing.).

However, i've got one grow out tank left. Its around 2" right now and i'm thinking of communing it with my other SA cats. My planiceps os closing in to 2'. How long will it take to get to "not eatable size".

Im asking because if it'll take too long, i figured i'd be spending too much space for jim alone in that grow out hence i will not pursue.

Also, if these fish tend to be jau like aggressors, id have to make a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
I wasn't able to take a pic but it looked this. (Please id if im correct) a really metallic silver colored head/body. A tail reminiscent of a young piraiba i saw with that long top end of the tail. Whiskers aren't that long.im pretty sure ots not a piraiba because it didn't have the few spots and the whiskers are not extremely long..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Douradas are much more common in the hobby than either type of piraiba. What you described sounds like a dourada indeed.

They're fairly slow growing fiah, but they have the capacity to get HUGE. If not for B. filamentosum, these are the fish from South America that everyone would be amazed at the size of. Keep that in mind when you get it: these have the ability to become a 300 pound fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Douradas are much more common in the hobby than either type of piraiba. What you described sounds like a dourada indeed.

They're fairly slow growing fiah, but they have the capacity to get HUGE. If not for B. filamentosum, these are the fish from South America that everyone would be amazed at the size of. Keep that in mind when you get it: these have the ability to become a 300 pound fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
:( everything but the 300 lbs.. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member