is it worth it?

jagster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
i was at my lfs a couple days ago and saw this big ornate bichir for 150$ i'm not sure how much they usually are but it was about 12 inches and to ne honest bichir don't show up too often around here unless theyre small sens.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Personally I would try to get LFS to sell it for $125. Fish looks very healthy, so I look at positive side of situation and just think if I ordered and paid for shipping would that ornate arrive healthy. Yes worth $150:)

jagster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
Personally I would try to get LFS to sell it for $125. Fish looks very healthy, so I look at positive side of situation and just think if I ordered and paid for shipping would that ornate arrive healthy. Yes worth $150:)
this will be the most iv ever spent on a single fish ha. peanuts compared to some people on here but hey i'm getting up there.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
It really how bad do you want it? If Its rare to find in your area and u want it then do it. It took me many months to find an ornate in my area. One guy wanted $100 and I just couldn't do it. Luckily found a guy letting his go for $40 @ 10"

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
Fish is only worth how much your willing to pay for it!

If ornate's are rare in your area and you like the fish i say do it. The fish in picture seems well fed and in good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jagster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Canada
that's the thing this is the first ornate iv seen scratch that the first bichir other then a sen iv seen at an lfs in years. I ended up having to drive an hour to get my endli. might just suck it up and do it

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
ornate is my favorite bichir. and I waited a long time to find one. some times patience pays off and you get lucky. but if you don't mind spending on it then go for it. supply and demand. if there is no supply then you are screwed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store