Can I paint my decor??

mattmez

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2014
Coal City IL
I have some artificial driftwood that I don't like the color of and none of them match can I paint them all the same color if so what kind of paint can I use

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
krylon makes a spraypaint that people use for decor. cant remember the name off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone will chime in shortly. that or google aquarium safe paint

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
So it would be safe for the fish
ya supposedly, a ton of people on here use it for their tank decor. I've never used it as I HATE fake decor but as long as you let it dry completely I imagine it is fine.

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
I've spray painted many intakes/outtakes with krylon and never had a problem. Like mentioned just allow ample drying time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
rust-oleum makes a paint that bonds to plastic too, I forget the name but I used that on the pvc pipes of my undergravel filter. lots of water movement there with no problems.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I've spray painted many intakes/outtakes with krylon and never had a problem. Like mentioned just allow ample drying time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
X2 love that krylon for plastics.

prep work is always good for forming a good long holding bond. I usually prep my stuff with a wipe down of mineral spirits and let dry 10 mins before spraying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store