Big with small???

RSLTID

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah
I have the opportunity to buy two 7"-8" thin bars at a very good price. I also have seen 2-1/2" Indos at good pricing. Can they be in the same 150 gallon, or is that too much of a size difference? The thin bars seem to have a very mild temperament.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RSLTID

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah
As I read through all the Datnoid threads I am thinking of passing on the Thin Bars and just getting six 2" to 2-1/2" Indos. Are even or odd numbers better with Dats?

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
So i have big and small together and the most out going are my biggest and smallest. biggest about 6.5" smallest 2.5"

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
What's making you pass on thinbars? If it was me I would get the prettiest of the 2 thinbars esp since they're at a gd size. I like odd numbers with dats..just one

RSLTID

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah
I really want to provide the best opportunity for stability with the Dats. From what I've read, it will take while for the Indos to catch up, in size, with the Thin Bars. Thus being insecure and unstable. Maybe I will try the mix and sell what I don't like.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I really want to provide the best opportunity for stability with the Dats. From what I've read, it will take while for the Indos to catch up, in size, with the Thin Bars. Thus being insecure and unstable. Maybe I will try the mix and sell what I don't like.

I think that's a gd idea. Should be easy to rehome the ones that don't work out providing they're healthy at that time. As far as stability goes, thinbars are prob your safest bet for a nice deep gold base into adulthood

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store