Anyone have any experience with Pinky filter rolls?

AdamW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hartselle,Al
I bought two rolls when I set my sump up. They are priced good and are actually a good product. I will be getting from there again. I got them from their website. Pinkyfilters.com 2 rolls for $23.90

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Good enough for me. I just wanted to hear from another MFKer who'd used the product. I'm hesitant to register on their supercheapbuynow.com site, so I'll likely pay the extra $1 and buy it off ebay.

Thanks Adam.

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
I've been getting them off of eBay for 7 years now. Love the stuff and MUCH cheaper than the Blue/White.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
They work, but I don't think its the best option for value IMO of course.

they go in order left to right

Pinky Filter, Pet Solutions blue bonded, Drs Foster Smith blue bonded, and Purokleen blue bonded from amazon.

Pinky is the cheapest per ft but it is also the thinnest. It has a totally different type of material on the fine " pink side" then I've seen before. It catches small particles but I think it clogs to quickly in comparison to the others I've tried.

2nd Pet Solutions blue bonded, I think its great! I also think its exactly identical to the Drs Foster Smith brand in each and every way but at less than half the price. This is my favorite bonded media that I've used.

3rd we'll just skip the Drs.F&S nothing against them they still have some things that I regularly purchase at an unbeatable price. This is one of those lessons learned type things.

lastly the amazon offerings. It works its thick it catches everything the price is great especially if you have prime. The downside is just like the pinky that it clogs to fast because it does have such fine offerings.

hope the pictures can help any one sifting through the infinite offerings in bonded material.

THE FRAG GUY

Feeder Fish
Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
John,
I have been using the pinky filters for years and I am a fan. My buddies use them and told me about them. All my tanks are crystal clear. I run them in my outdoor koi pond too. I used to buy them from that ebay link you gave but I just buy from their site now since it's cheaper and they don't charge me for shipping them.
I absolutely hate paying shipping on anything.

Here is the link:
www.pinkyfilters.com

Is that a snakehead in your tank? How big did it get? I got a Pacu that is now big as my head and I have a big head!!

I see it advertised on craigslist. Price seems pretty good as well. I was just curious if anyone had used the product before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-NEW-10-...279025949?pt=Fish_Filters&hash=item5d327d391d

Thanks,
John

fisheb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2013
OH
I have placed multiple orders with Pinky Filters over the past couple of years, generally with acceptable performance for the price. However, my last shipment was clearly defective - quickly disintegrating fibers and leaching pink dye into my aquariums (see attached photo of water in a bucket that the filter pad sat in for less than one minute). So, I would steer clear of Pinky Filters until they sort out their quality issues or minimally proceed with extreme caution.

IMG_2941.JPG

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I've used Pinky and Marineland Blue Bonded pads, still think I like cheapo quilt batting from Walmart the best.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store