Rarest/hardest to find bichir in the u.s.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I no this question has been asked b4 but the latest I found was from 2008... I wanna no in everyone's opinion what is the rarest or rather the hardest bichir to obtain/find for sell in the u.s. .... Now when I say bichir I don't just mean a lapradei for example .... I mean the sp. of that bichir like I no the Nigerians are easy to find but the faranah for example are a lot more difficult to get ahold of than a Nigerian ...so what is the bichir/sp. that is the hardest to obtain in the u.s.
P.s. Excluding platinums

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I want to see what this Lake Turkana Senegal looks like and I like how you excluded platinum bichirs.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
It just looks like a normal sen but they get larger. They're extremely hard to get because the area they're from is extremely dangerous and very few people are willing to go there to catch them. Platinum bichirs of any kind are rare but I see much more of them then I do of the lake Turkana sen. I haven't seen anyone on this forum that's had them yet except 1 person that just posted a pic of 1

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
It just looks like a normal sen but they get larger. They're extremely hard to get because the area they're from is extremely dangerous and very few people are willing to go there to catch them. Platinum bichirs of any kind are rare but I see much more of them then I do of the lake Turkana sen. I haven't seen anyone on this forum that's had them yet except 1 person that just posted a pic of 1

+1. Lake Turkana bichirs are super dope and rare! The freaking Turkana sen is around 21" or so... (Pls correct me if I'm wrong. The thread about that beast was prob a year ago.). And lake Turkana Pbb.... Monsters!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Never even heard of that bichir sp. so guess it is rare as hell lol ... A sen that gets 24" .... That's one beast sen man .... And there are other bichirs besides sens from that location? Do they all look like ones u see from other locations? No differnces?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
PBB and Sen are all I have heard of coming from there. Mike Semas or King El would probably know more.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I looked the sens up they r beast ... I wanna see the pbbs .... So since it is the rarest bichir/sp.... How about what is the most difficult to find in the u.s. That isn't next to impossible to get ahold of lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store