Lookin for rare plecos in S Jersey...PU

Status
Not open for further replies.

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
I want to add some different plecos to my 120g discus.

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
I have several plecos in with this group and they've been together for quite some time. However, I suppose any pleco could get crazy on me. Any specific pleco more apt to harass my discus. I cuurently have a BN, rubber lip, and a snowball and no probs in the past few years. I have tons of driftwood and keep them fed pretty well.

jay973

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Northern Jersey
I have several plecos in with this group and they've been together for quite some time. However, I suppose any pleco could get crazy on me. Any specific pleco more apt to harass my discus. I cuurently have a BN, rubber lip, and a snowball and no probs in the past few years. I have tons of driftwood and keep them fed pretty well.
ottos were probably the worst offenders although it harder to tell if it was the same one all the time. I don't know much about the others and your right it shouldn't take 1 bad apple to spoil the bunch. With my BN it was just the one that had a tendency of pestering my Discus the others left them along. I don't keep Discus anymore but I have a weird dynamic with an otto looking like it's sucking on a large BN. It's kind of funny cause he seems to go after the dominate male and it's usually around food when it happens. He just get's on him bugging him enough to dart off and leave the food so the little otto wins, briefly anyway cause he comes back...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store