Laguna pump issue

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I have been running 2x max flo 2000's on my 225. They have been running great and without any issue. I have them hooked up to tetra pond boxes in my sump. About 2 weeks ago I noticed my filter socks were overflowing, but my son was sick and I was having to make multiple trips to the Dr so it was the last thing on my mind. Well I noticed the overflow was directly over the pondbox and it was spitting micro bubbles out the return. I didn't pay much attention. Well 2 days later I went to address the issue and notice that specific pump wasn't working at all. I pulled it and took it apart. It all looked to be good. I read about a bearing issue that was fairly common so I decided to replace the impeller and bearing (sold as a kit). Now when I plug it in the motor starts to spin, then stops, then spins, then stops and finally spins a 3rd time. After 3 short low speed bursts it pauses 3 seconds or so then does it again. It does this 3 times then does nothing after that. Its like it is trying to pump but is being hindered. I can't figure it out. Really glad I got 2 pumps instead of 1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Josh

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Try running it unconnected to anything to see if the pond box or return is clogged, point the return end of the pump to prevent a geyser.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Try running it unconnected to anything to see if the pond box or return is clogged, point the return end of the pump to prevent a geyser.

It is in a tub outside when I am trying it. It is definitely the pump

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I'm guessing it's a bad capacitor. I believe they have a,3 year warranty, if you're still covered I'd call it in for replacement.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I'm guessing it's a bad capacitor. I believe they have a,3 year warranty, if you're still covered I'd call it in for replacement.

I will look into that. Thanks

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Any new development?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store