T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
It's been a long time since I done a update

So this is short but sweet

I know some of you guys are worried about putting small rays with larger one

The little hybrid you can see in this video has been in for nearly 14 days now with no problems
I have done this big small mix with 4 different pups now including this one with no problems
The larger hybrid was that size only 4 months ago which is scary how fast she has grown

I think it all depends on the adults the 2 big females are more interested in fighting each other

http://youtu.be/u4V64_jQ2SQ

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
really nice t1. love the leo (whatever it is) with the big spots.

i would be really worried having a ray that small with rays so big !
it will be interesting to see how it goes but i hope it goes well.
some of the larger rays ive had have had no trouble destroying the filter intakes and i still have stumpy whose tail was bitten when she was a pup so i dont think i will try anything too small myself but as you said its alot to do with the rays themselves.

great tank and rays !

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
really nice t1. love the leo (whatever it is) with the big spots.

i would be really worried having a ray that small with rays so big !
it will be interesting to see how it goes but i hope it goes well.
some of the larger rays ive had have had no trouble destroying the filter intakes and i still have stumpy whose tail was bitten when she was a pup so i dont think i will try anything too small myself but as you said its alot to do with the rays themselves.

great tank and rays !
Like I said I have placed 4 different pups that size in the tank at different times over the last year one after the other
Everyone has been fine and grown really well the larger hybrid went into the big tank about 4 months ago and that was the same size now look at it

I hear of scary story's of pups getting chewed or losing tails if people don't get them out fast after birth my females show no interest at all

I know I can only live life on the edge for so long but from what I have seen from my rays I have nothing to worry about

I can see why it would scare a lot of people I'm the first to admit the first pup I done this with I woke up every morning think the worse

I feel a bit more happy after they have been in a month

The funny thing is they show no interest in smaller pups but once they get to the size of the larger hybrid the bigger females chase them off food even if they don't want it themselves

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Looking good as always mate. The new small ray puts into perspective how big your older ones really are.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Very nice Richard. Looking really good. I too put my hybrid in with my bigger rays once she hit 8" disc. She was fine and has gone on to be the biggest ray in the tank as she has outgrown all the others!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store