Ornate and Endli question

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Will the Ornate and Endli grow at a close enough rate that they can be housed together at a smaller size? My three Endli's are around 6" and I'd like to get two Ornates, was thinking of looking for some in the 6-8" range.

King5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2014
USA
From my personal experience, my endlichleri was purchased 2 months after my ornate and is a beast at about 11in give or take an inch. My ornate is about 7in but fat and have been together for about 7 months. They started in the same grow out tank about 3in along with an albino sen, delhizi, and a sen ,but are now in the 150gallon. I feed tilapia fillet, blood worms, ghost shrimp, market prawns, hikari massivore pellets, rosy reds, guppies, and gold fish. I know taboo for live feeders

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZeroOne

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
My ornate grew to 17" by the time my 2 endli's grew to 13". Depends on the fish. They were fairly close most of the way, then the ornate had a spurt.

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wow.. My Endli's haven't grown real fast compared to most others. I've started power feeding them to see if it makes any difference.
It should make a big difference lol.

If you get them at those sizes they should be fine together, unless you have some seriously hungry endlis

Nim Dibbley

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2010
CA
my 2 endlis grew faster to the 10 inch or so mark but my 3 ornates are now bigger and are clearly growing faster. The ornates are between 17 and 15 inches each and the endlis are 12 and 14 inches.

chiefmojo

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Illinois
I have 3 endli's 2 ornates and 2 lapraide all living together happily. They are all 17-22" long and fat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store