Yes... I do have an obsession...

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Well... It's a fact. I do have an obsession. Picked up a 125 with a 55 gallon sump and a huge mass of aquarium "stuff" everything from several heaters 100W up to 500W, Lots of extra filter media, tons of decor, 130lbs of black sand, six various air pumps... the list goes on. Even came with a trio of fish that I will be donating to our favorite family owned LFS. Since the tank has been running and fully cycled for several years, I had to set the sump up with a heater and jet pump to get water moving in it to keep the bio critters thriving since it may be a week before I am ready for it. I'll keep an eye on it and test daily so I know when to feed it since it will not be filtering fish waste for a while... The seller was clearing out everything so I jumped on it all with a trade (no cash). I think we both got a good deal in the trade.

Now I need to build a stand and get it set up for a family of Ropefish.

Keman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2014
Auburn, wa
Built the stand today, sorry no pics. Pretty simple 2x6 2x8 and 4x4s. It's heavy built solid with big screws and gorilla glue on a 1" plywood base wider than the foot width for support. The top has 2x8 trim so that there is a 1.5" above the plywood top for the bottom of the tank to sit down inside the frame.
Tomorrow I will be bringing the tank in to start the fill and setup process. I have good cycled media for the HUGE Oddysea 11i filter, and the aged sand that came with the tank as well, so cycling should be fairly fast. I'll let it run a few days then add a dozen feeder guppies to kick start the cycle. If the guppies survive, they will be the first meal for the ropefish when the tank is ready.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Interesting trade and without going too much into it what was the brand of the .45 if you don't mind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store