Red Cherry Shrimp

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thinking of getting some to grow on in my sump to give my rays something a bit different to eat occasionally.
Anyone do this and care to share their experiences.
Good or bad idea?

Thanks

coyotethug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
Michigan
Great idea if you can keep them from getting sucked into your pumps. It will take a long time to get a population large enough to feed from though and will be kind of a waste seeing that you can get $1 a piece pretty easily for them. How about marmokrebs in your sump or a worm bin. I have a worm bin and my rays love the extra treats. Great for getting pups eating too, and cheaper than constant trips to the bait store.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Not trying to get the thread off track or anything but When ever I get ghost shrimp half of them are dead the next day have you ever had that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I feed all at once... so.... I have not had that happen...but that may have to do with the salt thing i was told.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
I know the getting stuck in pump intakes is my only worry. My pumps have strainers on but not good enough to stop a shrimp getting sucked in.
I already keep worms, just want to get as much variation in the diet as possible.
Great idea if you can keep them from getting sucked into your pumps. It will take a long time to get a population large enough to feed from though and will be kind of a waste seeing that you can get $1 a piece pretty easily for them. How about marmokrebs in your sump or a worm bin. I have a worm bin and my rays love the extra treats. Great for getting pups eating too, and cheaper than constant trips to the bait store.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store