Automatic water change filtration systems????

RayFanatic2014

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2014
Mount Prospect, Illinois
I know the importance of water quality and I have been thinking about installing an automatic water change system. I can use all the help I can get. Anyone currently using one or have used in the past?

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
I believe they have kits for drip systems. But from what I understand you basically need a water source preferably ran through a carbon filter of some sort to eliminate the chlorine and chloramines. Then from there you run hose, or tubing with a valve to adjust the flow rate to your tank. And you will also need an overflow either in the tank or in the sump so that the old water can be drained as you feed in new water. I'm sure there are other ways but this is just something I plan on trying on my setup

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
What specifically are you looking for help with I'm glad to help as are many others. I use a drip system myself.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I know the importance of water quality and I have been thinking about installing an automatic water change system. I can use all the help I can get. Anyone currently using one or have used in the past?
Did you mean drip system or auto water changer

People get confused by the two

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Sounds like a giant pain. You would have to tinker with flow rate too often. Too much could go wrong.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store