arowana not moving?

kevincao

Gambusia
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2009
ontario
Since getting my arowana, its got some issues, it jumps a lot, at least I assume from the damages on its top and missing scales. its about 6 inches in length, still very young, born April. never swims in the bottom, eats anything i throw in but only 1 piece at a time. (aro stick, massivore and shrimp)

I've never had light turned off as it switch between white and blue on a timer. today as I went to work, I decided to turn off the light completely due to the algae growing. Turned back on when i got home, sat for 2 hours, this guy just get sucked in the overflow fence and not moving, i move close on him, he breaks away from the suction, however this worries me. also he's not eating all the sudden.

I put some prime in it, my water change is drip system, and I just turned it way down because I think it maybe doing too much water change? about 50 gal / day i think.
I have 4 power heads 3 x 1300 GPH and 1 x 1500 GPH for water flow

I assume due to the size of the tank (180G) it may have caused some security issues? I searched arowana's needs to feel more secure when they are young or something...

I am not sure if he's got some sort of disease or is it just being insecure? because if its some sort of disease I definitely don't wish it to infect my tank.

My other live stocks eats like pig, swims all day and they are all fine.

Please see pics, any help would be appreciated. thanks!

aro2.JPG
aro1.JPG
aro3.JPG

aro1.JPG

aro2.JPG

aro3.JPG

kevincao

Gambusia
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2009
ontario
So I got home, notice white dotty spot on its injured scales, looks like fungus or infection, the reduction in water flow definietly helped a lot, he's still at its place, but as I am writing this he started to swim the whole tank... Just wondering this should be something of concern, if so what's the best treatment without harming the stingrays? (the stingray is 16 days old... I don't want it to have any immunity problems or other side affects down the road)

thanks!

kevincao

Gambusia
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2009
ontario
ok thanks, i put it in a 20 gallon turned temp up to 87 and added salt, its swimming normal, hope the stuff go away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store