Getting rocks?

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
So, I'm trying to plan out my 150 gallon and I've gotten the wood I like, now I'm looking for rocks. I know I can go out and scavenge for my own, but I'd like some large rocks and am nervous about the weight. I have seen online people making their own with styrofoam and a mixture of concrete and silicone, but it just seems 1000x easier to buy these fake rocks. Everything I have seen online for sale is relatively small compared to what I'm envisioning, so...does anybody know where to buy large rocks, preferably more rounded smooth river stone types?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
So, I'm trying to plan out my 150 gallon and I've gotten the wood I like, now I'm looking for rocks. I know I can go out and scavenge for my own, but I'd like some large rocks and am nervous about the weight. I have seen online people making their own with styrofoam and a mixture of concrete and silicone, but it just seems 1000x easier to buy these fake rocks. Everything I have seen online for sale is relatively small compared to what I'm envisioning, so...does anybody know where to buy large rocks, preferably more rounded smooth river stone types?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I got huge custom foam rocks made by vivariumworks (vivariumworks.com).

I believe they should be fine under water, but you will need to attach them or weigh them down or they'll float.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store