260 vision stoking ideas

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd buy a different filter mate. All pond solutions are ok, but very noisy equipment and not super reliable, speaking from personal experience.

May not be cost effective, but if it was me I'd invest in a fluval 406 for that tank, depending on the stock of course, maybe keep the all pond filter for back up purposes.

What type of fish do you like?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dhills1981

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2013
kent United Kingdom
well i bought the filter few weeks back and seems quite but not been running that long
so mite get louder i did change out the media it seemed a bit week im into real monster fish like red tail cats pacu clown knifes fire eels but i was thing they just little to big for now lol
i am planning a indoor pond for bigger fish but thats a long way off

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
If you're into monster fish, in my opinion a single 1000 litre filter won't cut it, not for larger species. You could probably stick an Oscar in your tank, but I guess if that's not monster enough, you could go with a type of catfish (not RTC haha).

I am useless with catfish types though lol.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Have you considered eels? You may want to Google "fire eel"?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Yeah, after a quick look I'd have to agree! I'm pretty sure you can get ones that grow to 12 inches Max; I'm getting them confused lol.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
go out and catch some pumpkinseeds. beautiful and interesting fish, and you'd be removing some invasive species from your local waterways. plus no heater needed. room temp fish.
might want to call your local environmental enforcement authority first though. sometimes it's illegal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store