Shark pool is complete....almost....

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
I haven't been on in a while guys I figured I would give an update. We got the shark pool completed up and running. We didn't go with building one just yet. We scared ourselves out of building it ourselves because we have no experience so we went with a pool in our basement. We ran the pool with water and charcoal for weeks to remove any chemicals that might be in the pool liner. Then we drained it and did it again with salt water..lol. Then drained again. Then filled and let cycle for the sharks. The pool has now been running with sharks for about a month and everyone is happy, eating, and glad to have more room to roam. I love watching them able to swim like they should and know that they have room to grow. The pool is a 12 ft diameter I think that works out to 1500 gal's...Its 3 ft deep. I am running 2 pond filters that each are rated for 4500 gal ponds...I don't remember the size of the pumps that are running it but they push a lot of water. We also have attached a 100 gal Rubbermaid tub that runs off of the pool to keep any small and young sharks to grow before they go into the big guy pond. That way they grow in the same water and are less stressed on moving day. I will try to load some pic's that I have on my phone. Sorry they are kind of dark but the pond is in the basement and I haven't gotten the big lights up yet. The next project is to put in the exhaust fan that will push out the moisture onto my back sunroom which is my greenhouse so the plants will love it. Oh right now I have 3 horn sharks, 2 young white spot's and today I picked up an Asian bamboo. She is absolutly georgouse. i love her already. We also picked up a baracuda that was in desperate need of a home. They just gave her to us because they couldn't get her to eat so they were just hoping we could pull her through. She ate everything i put in front of her tonight and we just put her in around 6pm..by 8 she was eating....happy. Tomorrow we will be putting up something around the pool to keep the baracuda from jumping out. Sorry couldnt download the pics. Ill try tomorrow when i am at my desktop. Probably work a lot faster.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
Looking forward to those pics, especially of the cuda! Just for reference, that pool is actually 2500 gallons not 1500 ;)

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Looking forward to some pics dr evil!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store