Does anyone have an acurate picture of an asian bamboo?

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
I picked one up today at my lfs and i just want to make sure that is what she really is..I trust my lfs but i dont trust the distributors to label them right. I also got what was written as a brown pacific octopus which my research says get big but the distributor told my lfs that they stay small....sooooo.. I will have to post pics tomorrow. My laptop is running real slow tonight so i cant seem to post any pics till i get downstairs to desktop.

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
I may have been mistaken it may have been called a arabian...damn this memory...lol...ok looked it up from the messages...Arabian cat shark or a bristly cat shark

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Is it a banded cat shark you're talking about? If so they get about 3ft.
As for the octopus, it it a bimac? I think the common name is California 2 spot octopus. These stay relatively manageable. You can keep an adult in a 55 for life

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Atumi

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2014
Australia
Arabian makes more sense than Asian, if its an Arabian there are heaps of photos of them on Google. could still be a miss id tho so i would get some picks of yours up so we can make a proper id.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Arabian look similar to brown banded when young. They loose the striping much faster and stay smaller. I've got both species in the same display. I'll see if I can get side by side pics for you.

Arabian are very rare in the US pet trade.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Not the best pics. I was hoping to have two of my females of similar size lay next to each other. They didn't want to be helpful.

Female Arabian bamboo up high and male brown banded bamboo down low.

Female Arabian bamboo

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
Thank you guys. Thank you zoo diver for the pics as well. I am definitely convinced she's an Arabian. I have brown banded and she's not a brown banded. Her skin is more leather like with smaller scales and she is over all differently put together. She is absolutely stunning though. I am so glad I got her. She has been eating great since the first night home. The octopus is doing well to. Eating like a champ. Thank you zoo diver. Any were you know of I can get more info on her?

luv4scjjt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2012
upstate ny
Here's a pic of her in the holding tub till I know she is eating. Only pic I have at the moment. I'll try to get more.

arabian shark.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store