Fish dropping like flies! Need help!

mikeymikee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
NY
Hello monster fish community! I dont post much just more
Of a reader, but i havea huge problem i need help with,

Tank is a 150 gallon with 40 gal sump and uv light i had for 4 years now, since my big oscar died i decided to go with easy fish, i got 10 common gold fish in the tank, fish are perfectly fine for 3 days and one by one they get very motionless and fins close to their
Body and just floating around until they die, no signs on ich or any dieseases, they even eat fine, not gasping for. Air either, i have air hooked up to a power head

Water test:

Amonia :0
Ph level 7.0
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : 30ppm
Temp : 68-72

Im completly lost on what to do, i dont know if i got a bad group of fish or one was sick and just spread what ever it is, any help will be great.

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
I have two guesses:

1. The fish you are buying are feeder goldfish, which are usually kept in horrid conditions and have one or more of any multitude of parasites, deformaties, etc.

2. Whatever killed your oscar is still in the water. How did your oscar die (if you know), and what did you do with the tank after his/her death? Is it possible that your aquarium became contaminated (cleaners, air fresheners, etc.) and this is still in the water?

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
goldfish commonly hide any kind of symptoms of internal parasites until they are their last legs unfortunately . I would try treating the tank for parasites first and see how it goes from there. Good luck :)

mikeymikee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
NY
I have two guesses:

1. The fish you are buying are feeder goldfish, which are usually kept in horrid conditions and have one or more of any multitude of parasites, deformaties, etc.

2. Whatever killed your oscar is still in the water. How did your oscar die (if you know), and what did you do with the tank after his/her death? Is it possible that your aquarium became contaminated (cleaners, air fresheners, etc.) and this is still in the water?
goldfish commonly hide any kind of symptoms of internal parasites until they are their last legs unfortunately . I would try treating the tank for parasites first and see how it goes from there. Good luck :)
Yea they are feeders but all looked healthy , my oscar sadly jumped out of the tank and fell hard and died the next day , ill try treating for parasites and hope for the best

appak

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2014
toronto
Feeders have an awful tendency to just die once you leave the store. It may be your tank was fine, and you just got a bad batch...

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Did you acclimate the goldfish via drip method?

How often did you change the water in your aquarium when you had the oscar? Old tank syndrome could kill fish "mysteriously" over 3-5 days.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I have two guesses:

+1

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store