should i sacrifice this fish?

sook9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
venezuela
i have this fish that since 1 week ago this fish is at the bottom of the tank sometimes hitting himself at the rocks etc so today i checked on him and i notice he only had 1 eye left and the other seems like hes blind from that eye

don't call me a bad person because i didn't care at the first day i noticed it's a livebeaver probably a swordtail so i am asking if i should sacrifice him or nop:(

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
I have a bling Ngara Peacock Cichlid. He is in with other 'peaceful' cichlid, he has been blind for 8 months or so. I make sure I feed sinking pellets as he will go to the bottom and eat.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I unfortunately can't unsee you actually sacrificing this fish in some crazy ritual now....

keep him if hes swimming, breathing and eating normally (well...as normally as possible with no sight)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been keeping a half-blind (one eye) angelfish for a few months now since one of my cats bit his eye out and he's done great in that time, hoping he'll still live a good long life.

Sallimsayin

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2012
USA
I have a blind/semi-blind fish in with another fish, the blind fish would typically be the one to get the majority of the food under regular conditions but with his blindness and the other fishes lack of speed, it's been perfect. They both get the same amount of food and there's nothing in the tank to further injure the blind fish so it's worked out great. Better together than w/ their respective previous tankmates.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
id keep it. thats probably also what jesus would do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store