mbu active swimmers?

josh_g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
isle of wight
Hi just a quick question about the larger puffers MBU and Fahaka. Are they active swimming fish? All the videos I have seen on youtube show them swimming around alot but is this just because they are being fed or about to be fed?

I ask because I plan to sell on all my SA/CA cichlids and just have a single large puffer in my tank but I don't really want to get rid of all my cichlids for a fish that might spend most of it's time just chilling at the bottom of the tank. I'm really looking for a wet pet that is very active and spends it's time swimming around.

Thanks

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
My Mbu is very active because he interacts with other fish. My Fahaka lays there until someone comes in the fishroom.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
hey thanks for the replys I was hoping for a fahaka as they don't grow quite as large
I've had both, put a bubbler and sand- hell burry in the sand and play in the bubbles. It's not super constant activity as they like to hide and enjoy a cave sometimes. But, pretty fun. And feeding live crayfish is fun

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

josh_g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
isle of wight
Brilliant I have a guy coming in the next couple of days to buy my cichlids then im gunna hunt down a Fahaka puffer. I do think the MBU puffers look a bit nicer. But my tank is only 800l (UK) and although I do plan to upgrade in the near future I wouldnt want to have to rehome the MBU if my plans go t**s up.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Sounds like you are doing the right thing passing on the Mbu. Some people have luck keeping fish with them, but be prepared to lose them if you try. A school of small fish would work best unless it a rare one that doesn't slaughter tank mates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store