reinforcing a stand

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
so i have this stand i want to put my 10 and 3 gallon tanks on it. its intended for reptile tanks. im nervous about putting 13 gallons of water on it. the first picture is the stand. the second picture is where i would be placing a sheet of plywood(beneath) and some 2x4. so ill be placing a sheet of plywood with a wider area than the stand beneath the stand and attaching a 2x4 to each corner. the 2x4 will reach from the bottom to the top and be outside the stand to act as added support to the top base of the stand. will this work?

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
i think it would be fine to use it without any extra support. But with what you are saying it will be more than enough.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
It's just seems a bit flimsy to me. I never thought of sitting on it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yeap, it should be fine. Just sit on it and wiggle around to test it out to make sure. I'm thinking you weigh more than 130lb, yes?

A few years back when I purchased my 75gal stand from chain store and assembled it, it looked like there's no way was it going to hold 75 gallons of water + all the stuff that goes into it. But, they do.......as long as its on a leveled surface......and since they designed it and advertising it for a 75gal, I'm betting it could hold double that weight.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store