Losellei Pair, Green Phantom Pleco & Friends

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Nice tank those Loisellei Parachromis have been growing on me lately. How is the temper? I've read they are one of the more relaxed Parachromis.

rich_one

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Southern Maryland
Thanks, guys! As far as their disposition, they clearly run the tank. However, they largely stay near a rock in the left corner of the tank. On occasion, the male takes a cruise of the tank. The female RARELY leaves very far from that spot. Mostly, they just chase other fish from their corner, and otherwise leave everyone alone. So far, the most low key parachromis I've ever kept, and my favorite pair of fish to watch ever. They haven't spawned yet though... so we'll see what happens if/when they do that. For now, they just hang out together constantly.

-Rich

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Thanks, guys! As far as their disposition, they clearly run the tank. However, they largely stay near a rock in the left corner of the tank. On occasion, the male takes a cruise of the tank. The female RARELY leaves very far from that spot. Mostly, they just chase other fish from their corner, and otherwise leave everyone alone. So far, the most low key parachromis I've ever kept, and my favorite pair of fish to watch ever. They haven't spawned yet though... so we'll see what happens if/when they do that. For now, they just hang out together constantly.

-Rich
Thanks for that! I'm thinking of growing out a smaller Loisellei with my already mature GT in a 180 should be ample space and temperament especially without pairing.

Again nice fish and tank I haven't seen many loisellei keepers lately.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Nice tank and love the loisellie pair. Mine is pretty relaxed too. He only chases the others when they are in a spot he want to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store